I have been reading about so many quinoa patty recipes, that I had to try one. After scouring a bunch of recipes which looked ok, I decided to make some with ingredients I love to eat. Check out the recipe below! And enjoy these haute and easy anytime eats! (note: I added veggies and things I like, but feel free to embellish with your own!)
- 1 cup quinoa – cooked
- 1/2 cup mashed garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup chopped kale (julienned or chopped small)
- 2 tbs hot or medium salsa
- 1 handful frozen corn and carrots
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chickpea flour
- oil for cooking – I used Olive
- whole wheat hamburger buns
- Lettuce to top
- Tomato – optional – for topping
- Cilantro chutney (cilantro, lemon, sesame seeds, and chili blended), or ketchup or sauce of liking
Combine all ingredients except oil, buns, lettuce and any other toppers you want. Refrigerate for 15 min to let the flavors seep in. Cook on a flat top pan with a drizzle of oil until brown and toasty.
Top buns with spread of choice, lettuce and other garnishes, and add a hot patty to the top.
Enjoy them alone or as a sandwich! Delicious!