Everyone is talking about the big storm which may hit the East Coast tonight/tomorrow, so what better way to prepare than to grab a pair of super cute snow boots! You can grab the best styles, and prices are dropping with NY Spring Fashion Week this weekend, and stores changing over inventory.
Stop by the new Piperlime Store in Soho and grab some super hot Sorel Joan of Arctic or Cate of Alexandria boots. Check out some of them on Piperlime’s website at: http://piprl.me/11QN56e
photo from www.piperlime.com
Stop at Lord and Taylor on 5th Ave. for a great selection of winter boots and gear. I grabbed some cozy Khombu boots on sale before a trip to Iceland, but I was eyeing the House of Harlow 1960 Maddox boots too. http://bit.ly/UGcYnq
UGG Australia is synonomyous with warm and furry, but their cold weather boots are also high on style. With stores around the city, you are sure to find something to keep you warm (and furry). Like the Women’s Adirondack Tall boot and others at: http://bit.ly/YHo3BW.
Photo from www.uggaustralia.com
Stay warm and look cool as you bundle up this winter!
If you are starting to shop for spring, you will note there are some great bag trends to watch for in the upcoming season. Here are a few we want now!
Think Pink – Designers like Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs) are embracing hues of pink for Spring. Perfect to inspire us of beautiful blooms in spring.
www.katespade.com (Checker Place Maise)
Criss Cross – Small crossbody styles are still all the rage, with brands like Gucci and Tory Burch doing it right. I am wishing for these sea shades for my next purchase.
Gucci Soho Light Blue Disco Bag (www.gucci.com)
Tory Burch Robinson Collection Crossbody (www.toryburch.com)
Like it, but not – Last season and last we saw a lot of inspired styles with a twist, like quilted bags from folks like Kate Spade (which hit a high mark). This year it’s a take on structure and luggage, like the Michael Kors Hamilton Tote.
Michael Kors Hamilton Saffiano, www.michaelkors.com
We are totally loving all the colored and white bottoms popping up this winter. Why stick with dark colors and black all the time when you can pull your brights out this winter.
Some haute color picks are:
1. Yellow – like sunshine on a gloomy day, yellow can brighten any mood, especially in the deep, dark winter. We like Uniqlo Yellow Easy Leggings for example.
2. White – Winter white is back with a vengance, and can be paired with neutrals like SJP in the pic below, or dark colors for a bright contrast.
3. Green – don’t be envious, pull out your emerald bottoms for a great accent to any winter blacks you have.
4. Red/Rust – these are great for pairing with winter neutrals and fit with the holidays too. Rich and Skinny has some great rust colored jeans which would fit in great with your new brown booties.
5. Blue – Always a great staple, blue comes in so many shades. From dark to bright to royal to washed out,they all go well with winter looks.
uniqlo.com easy leggings in yellow, and sjp bundled up white look from glamourmagazine.co.uk.