Green Coconut Dream
This Super Sunday Smoothie was so delicious I wanted another one right away. It’s chocked full of great superfoods and hydrating elements, which makes it the ultimate protein packed recovery drink!
- 1/2 banana (potassium to keep your body balanced + sweetness)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (make it fresh or use store bought)
- 1/2 cup coconut water (hydration booster)
- 1 handfull blueberries (antioxidant packed superfood)
- 1 scoop Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion protein powder (vegan plant goodness with protein)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (more protein and hydration power)
- 1 handful spinach (iron, calcium, and more)
- 1 tsp sprouted sunflower butter (iron and more)
Blend (with or without ice) and enjoy! I also make this ahead to be able to sir it up and drink it right after a workout! It’s not pretty looking, but tastes amazing! Cheers to a haute and healthy Sunday and a fabulous week ahead!
Cocoa Sunflower Bliss
Sunday is synonymous with resetting for the week ahead, for me that means getting back on track with food and workouts if my meals haven’t been as great all weekend. Additionally, I have been trying to find new ways to get more protein after a workout, and started experimenting with all kinds of smoothies, some delicious and others not so tasty. So I thought, why not share some of the wins for those looking to break the normal smoothie routine. Check out todays potassium and protein packed super smoothie: Cocoa Sunflower Bliss! (Note: I make mostly protein smoothies and juice my veggies, but you can always add a bit of kale or spinach to any of my recipes or use a vegan plant-based protein powder like I do.)
Cocoa Sunflower Bliss
- 1/2 banana (potassium to keep you balanced)
- 1 cup cold almond milk (I usually make mine to avoid added chemicals if I am home, but when I am on the road I keep some store bought stuff on hand)
- 1 scoop Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion Protein Powder (I have tried a few and chose this one for now as I buy it in bulk. Its made with lots of good plant-based proteins, and is vegan, gluten free, and non-GMO.)
- 1 tsp Dastony sprouted sunflower butter (they stone grind their butters to a silky smoothness – and add nothing else + packed with iron and good fat to keep you fuller)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (for added hydration and protein post workout – I buy these in bulk in my organic food market)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional – adds a kick of flavor and balances sugars)
Blend together in blender of choice (with ice if you want it super cold). Serve in a glass or drink out of your bullet blender (like I do). Cheers to a happy, haute and super Sunday!