Green Coconut Dream
This Super Sunday Smoothie was so delicious I wanted another one right away. It’s chocked full of great superfoods and hydrating elements, which makes it the ultimate protein packed recovery drink!
- 1/2 banana (potassium to keep your body balanced + sweetness)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (make it fresh or use store bought)
- 1/2 cup coconut water (hydration booster)
- 1 handfull blueberries (antioxidant packed superfood)
- 1 scoop Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion protein powder (vegan plant goodness with protein)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (more protein and hydration power)
- 1 handful spinach (iron, calcium, and more)
- 1 tsp sprouted sunflower butter (iron and more)
Blend (with or without ice) and enjoy! I also make this ahead to be able to sir it up and drink it right after a workout! It’s not pretty looking, but tastes amazing! Cheers to a haute and healthy Sunday and a fabulous week ahead!
taste the #superfood rainbow
I love juicing just about anything, and trying new concoctions when I am able to be near my juicer. When I am not, I resort to my local Whole Foods green juices, or grab a pack of freeze dried juice to go. Whether or not the juice is green, orange, red or brown when all mixed up, I love that fresh taste first thing in the morning.
Here’s a great summer juice recipe to keep you going all day long, which is packed with super foods and other yummy treats which are in season. I try not to juice too many fruits and add more veggies, but in the summer when there are so many good things out there, I can’t resist.
Summer Sunshine Juice
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 4 large strawberries
- 4 large cubes of watermelon
- 1 1-inch knob of ginger
Juice in juicer if you have one or combine for a delicious smoothie! Stir and drink up! (It’s prettier when its not mixed, but just as tasty when it is mixed). Cheers!
Vanilla #Chia Cloud
Happy Sunday! Another weekend has come and almost gone, and what better way to kick off the week than with a protein-packed super smoothie! I created this one as my first vegan smoothie, and its still a classic I drink over and over again.
Vanilla #Chia Cloud
- 1 cup cold almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Powder in Vanilla Plus (FoodBabe recommends this as the best non-GMO Protein Powder so I had to try it. Love her!)
- 1 dash or more of cinnamon (lowers glycemic index + takes some of the yucky protein powder taste away)
- 1 dash vanilla or almond extract (for added flavor)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (hydration and extra protein)
Blend together (with ice if you choose) and drink down! Cheers to another great Sunday and to a haute week ahead!