Gatsby Mania in Chicago
The much anticipated remake of the classic novel and similar films (2 notable versions) , The Great Gatsby, is nearly upon us. In fine form, the world is taking note.
Once called the best novel of the 20th Century, this movie has a lot to live up to. But one thing is for sure, regardless if Leo beats Robert, the clothes will be cool.
Call it “on trend”, call it “mod”, call it “vintage”…Gatsby is the new black. Brands like Brooks Brothers are creating special campaigns just to celebrate all that is Gatsby style. Check out some of their looks at http://www.brooksbrothers.com/The-Great-Gatsby-Collection/gatsby,default,sc.html. They are 25% off now for their Friends and Family event.
Shop ModCloth has embraced the Gatsby spirit for some time, and I found a few classic and yet modern pieces I am dying for. Here are some of my favorite picks for this week!
If you are starting to shop for spring, you will note there are some great bag trends to watch for in the upcoming season. Here are a few we want now!
Think Pink – Designers like Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs) are embracing hues of pink for Spring. Perfect to inspire us of beautiful blooms in spring.
www.katespade.com (Checker Place Maise)
Criss Cross – Small crossbody styles are still all the rage, with brands like Gucci and Tory Burch doing it right. I am wishing for these sea shades for my next purchase.
Gucci Soho Light Blue Disco Bag (www.gucci.com)
Tory Burch Robinson Collection Crossbody (www.toryburch.com)
Like it, but not – Last season and last we saw a lot of inspired styles with a twist, like quilted bags from folks like Kate Spade (which hit a high mark). This year it’s a take on structure and luggage, like the Michael Kors Hamilton Tote.
Michael Kors Hamilton Saffiano, www.michaelkors.com
We are totally loving all the colored and white bottoms popping up this winter. Why stick with dark colors and black all the time when you can pull your brights out this winter.
Some haute color picks are:
1. Yellow – like sunshine on a gloomy day, yellow can brighten any mood, especially in the deep, dark winter. We like Uniqlo Yellow Easy Leggings for example.
2. White – Winter white is back with a vengance, and can be paired with neutrals like SJP in the pic below, or dark colors for a bright contrast.
3. Green – don’t be envious, pull out your emerald bottoms for a great accent to any winter blacks you have.
4. Red/Rust – these are great for pairing with winter neutrals and fit with the holidays too. Rich and Skinny has some great rust colored jeans which would fit in great with your new brown booties.
5. Blue – Always a great staple, blue comes in so many shades. From dark to bright to royal to washed out,they all go well with winter looks.
uniqlo.com easy leggings in yellow, and sjp bundled up white look from glamourmagazine.co.uk.