Welcoming black coastline is only one of the wonders to be had not the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. “Pura Vida” is not just a saying, but a way of life here; one which I experienced this past week on my first Yoga and Surfing Retreat with Sanga Retreats. Being my first retreat of this kind, I was pretty curious about how the week would go, but with very little time to plan, I ended up basically “winging it” and stepping out of my planning-based comfort zone. I wasn’t going in blind however, and what I did know was:
- I found the retreat on an awesome website called bookyogaretreats.com.
- The Sanga Retreats founder, Jamie, was super helpful in answering many questions.
- I was going to do yoga every day!
- The retreat included lodging and all the meals at an eco-lodge called Vida Asana near Jaco Beach.
- I was finally going to visit Costa Rica, a country which I have longed to see for some time.